Volunteer Advocacy Program
Are you passionate and caring? Are you looking for a volunteer position that will help empower people with disabilities in our community? If so, this program is for you!
ACPD’s advocacy program will allow you to:
- Assisting clients in completing written and online applications, such as Canada Pension Plan Disability, Persons with Disabilities Designation, Persons with Multiple Barriers to Employment, and various health related benefits.
- Educating clients as to resources in the community available to them, referring them to other organizations as appropriate.
- Participating in team projects with other advocates, taking on a leadership role as necessary.
- Liaising and networking with government bodies (such as the Ministry of Social Development and Innovation) and non-profit organizations within the Victoria community.
- Developing and implementing personal ideas to improve the ACPD organization.
- Advocating larger issues concerning the disabled community in Victoria to the greater public.
- Researching, organizing, and developing arguments for appeals in the income assistance process.
- Maintaining a professional and empathic level of service to clients who may be suffering from stress, depression, emotional/physical trauma, cognitive disabilities, etc.
- Willingness to attend community events as a representative of ACPD.